Grab hire Harpenden
Grab lorry hire can be an efficient and cost-effective way to take waste away in Harpenden– usually related to ‘muck away’ or even general rubbish disposal – or to deliver such things as aggregates.
Waste King provides a complete, fast and dependable Grab Haulage Solutions Service for single and multiple loads. Incidentally, this also includes providing Eight Wheel tippers for larger muck away and site clearance works.
Whether you’re ‘in the trade’ or a home owner living or working in Harpenden with a large amount of waste to move, you can take advantage of our fleet of Four, Six and Eight Wheel grab loader trucks – whose special lightweight bodies contribute to helping our customers achieve the maximum possible payloads.
Waste King’s operatives are fully insured and Environment Agency licensed – and should you have any ‘special’ waste requirements, it might help you to know that Waste King can dispose of Clean Inert, Non Hazardous & Hazardous materials using Environment Agency required procedures.
Moreover, Waste King’s aim is to recycle as much of the materials collected as possible from the Harpenden area, in order to help to protect our environment – and help our customers in Harpenden to be ‘greener’.
Waste King ensures that your waste disposal requirements – even the highly specialised ones - are fully catered for.
Eight things you need to know:
1. Generally, when they’re empty, grab lorries weigh some 16 tonnes.
2. The law allows them to carry as much as 16 tonnes of waste when on the road. So this equates to the vehicle having a maximum authorised mass of 32 tonnes.
3. This means that, depending on the type of material being carried, a grab lorry tends to be able to carry between 12 and 15 cubic metres of waste.
4. There are other vital statistics to consider, too, before you decide to hire a grab lorry.
5. Grab lorries tend to be some three metres wide, with an extra 25cm minimum clearance typically being recommended for either side. This means that site access must be at least 3.5mwide before you can use a grab lorry.
6. You must also take the available headroom into account. You need at least 3.8 metres.
7. In addition, you must add in an extra two metres of headroom (that is, 5.8 metres in total) to allow for the vehicle’s crane to operate.
8. Usually, a grab lorry can be loaded in between 15 and 30 minutes.
Eight reasons to use Waste King’s grab lorry services
1. Grab lorry hire from Waste King is an efficient waste management solution, whether your needs relate to muckaway, general rubbish disposal or the delivery of aggregates.
2. Waste King’s grab lorry service is both fast and dependable – not least because all Waste King’s grab lorries are fully maintained.
3. Waste King ensures that your waste disposal requirements – even the highly specialised ones - are fully catered for.
4. As part of Waste King’s services, we can dispose of Clean Inert, Non Hazardous & Hazardous materials using Environment Agency required procedures.
5. Having been involved in waste management since 2004, Waste King is highly experienced in meeting and exceeding customers’ needs and expectations.
6. Waste King sets – and supplies customers with - an extremely high standard of personal service.
7. Waste King’s aim is to recycle as much of the materials collected as possible, in order to help to protect our environment.
8. Waste King not only provides a complete Grab Haulage Solutions Service for single and multiple loads, it can also provide Eight Wheel tippers for larger muck away and site clearance works.
Some of the postcode areas we offer house clearance in Harpenden include AL5
So, to find out more about how we can help you dispose of your waste efficiently, cost-effectively and in an environmentally friendly way for the residents in Harpenden, contact us on:
Freephone: 0800 141 2778 or, from a mobile, call 01442 210034.